F5 has recently updated their support portal and it was a great leap forward compared to the old one. Kudos on that!
Here’s a few functions that could we further improved:
- Being able to log cases from a company perspective. When I log a case I want all my colleagues with access to the F5 support to be able to see the case, not just me.
- I want F5 to give me a drop down of the serial numbers my company owns instead of me having to find them myself.
- The modules should be filtered based on what I have activated. This might require some call home function to be enabled on the devices, but the choice would be nice.
- Give me an option to chat with a support representative. Checkpoint has this and it’s really good.
While waiting for these things to happen I’ve written a script that will do some of those things today.
Only show the activated modules
Only show the versions you have installed
You can still click on “Show all modules” to unhide them again.
Choose the load balancer from the drop-down
Get the serial number auto populated and verified. The drop-down is dynamically populated based on your BigIP Report data.
- Configure default case severity
- Configure default choice for “Was this working before?”
- Configure default chose for “Is the problem related to a virtual server?”
- Configure a default peferred method of contact
- Configure a default time zone
How to use
- Install BigIP Report if you haven’t already done so.
- Install TamperMonkey.
- Click on the new script button:
- Replace everything in the script content with the content of “Casecreation.js”:
- Configure the script. The only mandatory configuration is the URL to the loadbalancers.json file of BigIP-Report.Example: